Daniel Walker received his B.S. in Plastics Engineering Technology from Ferris State University in Big Rapids Michigan in 1988. Since then he has held a variety of Corporate Engineering positions in the Automotive Industry.
- As a Project Engineer and Project Manager he learned the skills of swift and robust problem solving and supplier negotiation.
- During his many years as a Research and Development Engineer he honed his creative ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- It was during his time working in R&D that he was awarded 6 patents for helping to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- As a Launch Engineer he refined his ability to quickly understand customer needs and diffuse tense situations.
- As a Six Sigma Black Belt he demonstrated the ability to utilize systematic tools and methods to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Over the 20 years of his professional life he developed valuable skills in team leadership and team problem solving.
Before the end of his corporate life Dan was invited to become a Six Sigma instructor in both DMAIC (Define Measure Analyze Implement Control) and DFSS (Design For Six Sigma) methodologies by a major automotive supplier. During this time he developed specialties in a process known as VOC (Voice Of Customer) as well as honing his skills in team development.
Now that Mr. Walker has ventured into the world of private consulting it is his desire to spread the culture and methodology imbedded in the Six Sigma philosophy to a much wider cross section of our culture. He has a strong desire not only to teach and mentor corporate organizations but also, non-profit, charitable organizations as well.
Mr. Walker has a deep, driving passion to make a significant and positive difference in our world by influencing individuals to improve and grow both professionally and personally.